Which python framework?

blissend at gmail.com blissend at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 12:02:31 EST 2014

I love programming in python but I'm having trouble deciding over a framework for a single player MUD like game I'm making for fun. Ideally it's a cross-platform free framework in case I want make it open source later with good capabilities of customizing the GUI look/style.

Currently I'm using wxpython which is great but I'm reading that if I want more customization over the look (i.e. a frame being all black and not using windows 7 blue borders) then I may want to look elsewhere? If so what would be more ideal?

Keep in mind this is only a text based game so 3D is not needed. Perhaps I have to forgo my love of python for something else? Something comparable to appealing look of python syntax?