posting code snippets

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Feb 28 09:31:06 EST 2014

On 2014-02-28, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem does have to believe that the rubber duck/teddy
> bear/figurine is an expert, though. I've had my siblings or parents
> come to me with problems and, without saying a word or touching the
> computer or anything, I've solved them. The problem itself respects
> my skill, and retracts its objection and solves itself.

The same thing works with expensive/complex test equipment instead of
an expert.

You drag out the lab scope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, sweep
generator, strip plotter, and the machine that goes "ping".  You start
to get everything set up to nail that problem securely to the
dissecting board.  Long before you actually get to that point, the
problem becomes intimidated and reveals itself and a solution.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! If our behavior is
                                  at               strict, we do not need fun!