Error getting REMOTE_USER Environment Variable

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Thu Feb 20 11:19:03 EST 2014

In <mailman.7186.1392908069.18130.python-list at python.org> Hobie Audet <Hobie.Audet at comcast.net> writes:

> 7.  What it echoes back is "userxyzuserxyz".  In other words, the
> REMOTE_USER value is repeated.

What username is recorded in the access_log file?

> executed correctly.  By why the "REMOTE_USER" value is doubled is
> beyond my understanding.  Is this a bug in the os package that comes
> with Python 3.3?   Anybody got a fix for it?

If there is a bug, it's much more likely to be in the webserver code that
sets the REMOTE_USER value.

--
John Gordon         Imagine what it must be like for a real medical doctor to
gordon at panix.com    watch 'House', or a real serial killer to watch 'Dexter'.