Import order question

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 17:49:39 EST 2014

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:17:48 PM UTC-6, Tim Chase wrote:
> On 2014-02-19 08:49, Chris Angelico wrote:
> > At my last job, I had a single C++ file of roughly 5K lines, and
> > it wasn't at all unmanageable. Probably wouldn't have been a
> > problem to have another order of magnitude on that. What sort of
> > wimpy text editor are you using that you can't find what you're
> > looking for in a single large file?
> Even the venerable "ed" handles files of those sizes without batting
> an eye.  I just opened a 2MB XML file (50k lines) in ed and jumped
> all around in it with no trouble at all.  It's as simple as
>   1;/class OptionMenu/;/def destroy/
> in most cases.  If your editor can't help you do simple things like
> that, I recommend you find an editor that is at least as good as
> ed. :-)

SarcasticSam: Who needs directories anyway when the
hard-drive is already one gigantic directory... THOSE IDIOTS!

Yes Sam, it seems this thread has degenerated into a testosterone
induced contest to determine who can open the largest file,
climb inside, and then jump around the fastest -- MAY THE
BEST MEAT-HEAD WIN!

For the rest of us --of which who respect brains over
brawn-- we'll swallow our foolish pride and wield the
technology of sane structures.