Welcome to the Internet. No one here likes you. (was: Newcomer Help)

John Ladasky john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 13 12:49:06 EST 2014

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:32:46 AM UTC-8, Larry.... at gmail.com wrote:

> This reminds me of post that was circulating in the early 90's:
>
> Welcome to the Internet.
>
> No one here likes you.
>
> We're going to offend, insult, abuse, and belittle the living hell out
> of you. And when you rail against us with "FUCK YOU YOU GEEK WIMP
> SKATER GOTH LOSER PUNK FAG BITCH!1!!", we smile to ourselves. We laugh
> at you because you don't get it. Then we turn up the heat, hoping to
> draw more entertainment from your irrational fuming.
[snip]

Ummm... Larry, I hope you are just posting this rant because Rustom Mody's remarks reminded you of it.  I hope that you do not personally subscribe to this behavior.

Yes, I too was a bullied nerd when I was young.  I don't use my history as an excuse to do unto others what was done unto me.  No one should.  No one should bully another person, period.  It's not "entertainment," it's a deeply harmful practice, and does not deserve any respect.