Newcomer Help

William Ray Wing wrw at mac.com
Mon Feb 10 22:14:19 EST 2014

On Feb 10, 2014, at 11:10 AM, Walter Hughey <wkhughey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to Python programming, actually new to any programming language. I sent the email below to the "pythonmac-sig at python.org a few days ago. So far I have not seen a reply, actually, I have not seen anything from pythonmac in any emails although I am supposed to be a member.
>
> I don't know if I am sending these to the correct place or if I am not receiving emails from the pythonmac list. I would appreciate any assistance either in how do I get to the pythonmac list or answers to the issue below. I went to the pythonmac list because I am trying to run Python 3.3 on a Mac computer.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Walter

Walter, I'm one of the (relatively few) people on this list who develops using Macs and therefore also subscribes to pythonmac-sig.  I don't know what may have happened to your e-mail, but I can assure you that if you didn't get answers from the pythonmac list it wasn't because people were ignoring you.  I've looked back through the last six months of pythonmac and saw nothing with your name in it.

I see others are providing the help you need, so I won't attempt any other comments.

-Bill