Python (?) webserver for WSGI

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 17:29:33 EST 2014

On Sunday, 9 February 2014, Asaf Las
<roegltd at gmail.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','roegltd at gmail.com');>>
wrote:

> On Sunday, February 9, 2014 11:05:58 PM UTC+2, Nicholas wrote:
> > Dear List,
> >

> > What is the latest "best-practice" for deploying a python wsgi
> > application into production?
> >
> > For development, I've been using CherryPyWSGIServer which has been
> > working very well (and the code is small enough to actually ship with
> > my application).  But I would like some way of deploying a server
> > listening on port 80 (and then dropping root privileges).
> >
> > I have looked at using gunicorn + ngnix, but that gives me 3 layers
> > that I need to set up:
> >
> > - my own application
> > - gunicorn
> > - ngnix
>
> Yes, but are you after simplicity of setup or reliability?
> If security is your concern - eventually you have to dive into
> routines of verifying settings auditing etc and spend
> week(s) if you have no solid prior experience in that field and even
> after that there is still a lot to learn.

[snip]

Yes, I managed a large apache installation for some years.  I suppose that
my hope was that in 2014 there might be some better, simpler way to run
smaller web applications, especially with the tulip async stuff becoming
part of the language.  I don't think running a WSGI application to serve
basic requests should NEED a lot of special setting up</idealism>