What are the kinds of software that are not advisable to be developed using Python?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sat Feb 8 21:53:00 EST 2014

In article <a584b0e9-1995-4189-bfac-d0c5ffc080c9 at googlegroups.com>,
 Sam <lightaiyee at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got to know about Python a few months ago and today, I want to develop only
> using Python because of its code readability. This is not a healthy bias. To
> play my own devil's advocate, I have a question. What are the kinds of
> software that are not advisable to be developed using Python?

If execution speed is the most important thing, Python would be the
wrong choice.

If you need to get very close to the hardware (such as when writing an
operating system), Python would be the wrong choice.

If you are writing software for an environment which has a
single-language ecosystem (i.e. iOS -> Objective C, or Android -> Java),
Python would be the wrong choice.

If, for security/business reasons, shipping only the executable, without
the end user having access to your original source, Python would be the
wrong language.