[OT] Usage of U+00B6 PILCROW SIGN

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Tue Feb 4 13:20:34 EST 2014

On 2/4/14 10:21 AM, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:

>> >I was able to discover that link by opening the page, highlighting the
>> >section header with my mouse, then clicking the pilcrow.  That gives
>> >me the anchor link to that section header.
 >
> Useless and really ugly.

I'm not sure why you would describe it as useless?  It's incredibly
useful to have a way to link to a particular section.

And ugly? It's a UI that is invisible and unobtrusive, but then elegant
once you hover over the element you are interested in.

I guess tastes differ...  Lots of sites use this technique, it is not
particular to the Python docs.