Calculator Problem

Gary Herron gary.herron at islandtraining.com
Mon Feb 3 18:06:05 EST 2014

On 02/03/2014 10:04 AM, Charlie Winn wrote:
> On Sunday, February 2, 2014 9:46:24 PM UTC, Gary Herron wrote:

>> Sorry, but in fact you did *not* run this program as you claim. It's
>>
>> full of syntax errors.  Any attempt to run it will display syntax errors
>>
>> immediately, and never actually run.   So please tell us what really
>>
>> happened.
>>

>> Gary Herron
> excuse me but don't be so ******* rude , i did run this program and it did run correctly and if you want me to prove it with screenshots so be it , so don't make accusations ** Gary ** i only came here for some help not to be accused of not even running my program
>
> Charlie :D

Sorry, it wasn't rude, it was a statement of fact pointing out an error
on your part.  You may *think* you ran the code you posted, but in fact
you could not have done so.    The code you posted will not run.  Not in
any version of Python, past, present or future. Assigning to a literal
     1 = ...
makes no sense and produces a syntax error.   That's the only result you
could have gotten.   If you think that's what you've done, then by all
means post a screen-shot showing is how you came to that conclusion, and
we'll correct you again.   But I'll guarantee with absolute certainty,
that your posted Python program did not *run* "correctly" or incorrectly.

People on the group are willing to help with nearly anything, but it's
all a volunteer effort.  You waste our time (either carelessly or
maliciously) if you don't accurately post  your code and the results of
running that code.

So please try again.  You *will* get help.  There are a number of other
errors in your program also.  We can get to those once we know what code
you are really running, and are sure that you know what it means to
*run* it, and that you can correctly identify the results -- error or not.

Gary Herron