pytz question: GMT vs. UTC

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Sun Feb 2 11:03:39 EST 2014

On 2014-02-02, Pete Forman <petef4+usenet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> writes:
>
>> On 2014-01-30, wxjmfauth at gmail.com <wxjmfauth at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The temperature unit is the "Kelvin", not the "Degree Kelvin".
>>> One writes: 0 K, 275.15 K
>>
>> And remember to say "Kelvins" not "Kelvin" when speaking about
>> temperatures other than 1 K.
>
> And remember to write kelvins. SI units named after people such as
> kelvin, watt and pascal are lower case while their symbols have a
> leading capital: K, W, Pa.

Indeed. Many years ago, I was taught to capitalize units that were
originally proper nouns.  I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time
I've learned that is incorrect, but my fingers keep insisting on doing
it.  Interestingly, one does capitalizes Celsius when writing "degrees
Celsius" [at least according to the NIST].

http://physics.nist.gov/Pubs/SP811/sec09.html

--
Grant