C++ to python for LED Matrix

Liam Knott limko9012 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 1 05:13:03 EST 2014

Hey folks,

So the last week or so I've been searching this site for information on how to control and program a LED Matrix (or a number of them) for a project. A few Topics have caught my eye, with me originally having in mind using a Maxim MAX7221 to control the matrix, but none more than Klaas's: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=41713.
This was almost perfect for me, until I saw the code was in C++ and from the title all I know is Python. So after checking the code out and trying to figure how this language works I just couldn't break it down and Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to learn C++ ( would be great if I could but I don't have that luxury right now).
So if anyone is willing to check Klaas's topic and code and convert it into python that would be awesome, even if someone would explain how the code is working that would be great, oh and don't be scared to comment on ways of going about this project.

Note: Hoping I could achieve something like this but with the Pi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzHT-L-7jIA

Cheers!

    Lknott :-D