Unable to Launch Python 2.7 after Windows 8.1 Update

Allison Gray allison.k.gray at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 10:39:56 EST 2014

I recently obtained a new laptop with Windows 8.1 and installed Python 2.7. Everything was working fine. Then after my first update, I was unable to launch Python. After clicking the Python icon, the thinking cursor activated, but Python never opened. I restored my laptop to a time before the update, and am now able to run Python. I have changed my automatic update setting to prevent this from happening again but this is less than ideal. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know what Windows setting would prevent Python IDLE from opening?

Any help would be appreciated!!