very weird pandas behavior

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 09:19:44 EST 2014

Le mercredi 24 décembre 2014 03:24:10 UTC+1, Steven D'Aprano a écrit :
> Rick Johnson wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, December 23, 2014 3:35:20 AM UTC-6, wxjm... at gmail.com wrote:
> >>
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Wait for ther 3.5 release. I will still show
> >> you how to make Idle, tkinter, Python crashing
> >> in 10 seconds.
> >>
> >> Discussing with (some) core devs is simply impossible,
> >> they do not whish to discuss!
> >>
> >> All this can be explained with a sheet of paper,
> >> a pencil and some basic mathematical knowledge.
> >>
> >> jmf
> >
> > Hello "Jmf". I'm confused by your interjection. Are you the OP? Or are you
> > speaking on behalf of the OP? Or did you forget to switch accounts -- gawd
> > that can be so embarrassing! (Urm, not that i have any experience in the
> > area).
>

> JMF is our resident Unicode crackpot, he is obsessed with the idea that a
> minor performance regression on some artificial and simplistic string
> operations which nobody would ever actually use in real life is categorical
> proof that Python's Unicode implementation is fundamentally and
> mathematically broken.
>
> I don't think he is trolling, I think he really is obsessed with this idea,
> like the circle-squarers, pi-is-a-rational-number cranks, "Queen Elizabeth
> and the Pope are space-aliens" nutters, Einstein-was-wrong maniacs and all
> the rest.

Btw, thank you for pointing I'm not trolling.

You see, "selling" a product which is supposed to
be unicode compliant and in fact does the opposite
of the products endorsing the Unicode.org work
on the side of memoery, performance and specific
unicode tasks, I should say, it is a little bit
beyond my understanding.

Please do not contradict me, it's a child play
to *illustrate* that.
(The theoretical explanation is something else).

jmf