very weird pandas behavior

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 03:00:45 EST 2014

Le mercredi 24 décembre 2014 03:24:10 UTC+1, Steven D'Aprano a écrit :
> Rick Johnson wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, December 23, 2014 3:35:20 AM UTC-6, wxjm... at gmail.com wrote:
> >>
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Wait for ther 3.5 release. I will still show
> >> you how to make Idle, tkinter, Python crashing
> >> in 10 seconds.
> >>
> >> Discussing with (some) core devs is simply impossible,
> >> they do not whish to discuss!
> >>
> >> All this can be explained with a sheet of paper,
> >> a pencil and some basic mathematical knowledge.
> >>
> >> jmf
> >
> > Hello "Jmf". I'm confused by your interjection. Are you the OP? Or are you
> > speaking on behalf of the OP? Or did you forget to switch accounts -- gawd
> > that can be so embarrassing! (Urm, not that i have any experience in the
> > area).
>

> JMF is our resident Unicode crackpot, he is obsessed with the idea that a
> minor performance regression on some artificial and simplistic string
> operations which nobody would ever actually use in real life is categorical
> proof that Python's Unicode implementation is fundamentally and
> mathematically broken.
>
> I don't think he is trolling, I think he really is obsessed with this idea,
> like the circle-squarers, pi-is-a-rational-number cranks, "Queen Elizabeth
> and the Pope are space-aliens" nutters, Einstein-was-wrong maniacs and all
> the rest.

I will not refrain users to write applications that
are simply not (or no more) working. Two recent examples
from this list: eric5 and leo.

Regression: If the same py33+ just becomes 50 times
slower that its equivalent py32 app. It just becomes
50 times slower.

Now, if some devs are prounded to annouce a gain
5-20% on some method (see bug tracker, ...) on
something that is wrong by design (compared with
my comment above), I wonder if there is not a problem
somewhere.

---

I'm working like Rick. I always uses Python source and
not installers if possible.
An interesting example:
I downloaded win_unicode_console, v. 012, I modified it
a little bit to make it portable. It worked very well.
The creator of thes app did what I always wanted to
do, but I never understood how to do it.

In version 03, there is a supposed optimization.
Unfortunately no wore working, a wrong understanding
of the interaction unicode/keyboard/python handling...

jmf