object has no attribute 'ecrire'

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 20:01:47 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM,  <fulgar36 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wrote this code (it was on a book)
>
> class TableauNoir:
>         def __init__(self):
>                 self.surface=""
>         def ecrire(self, message_a_ecrire):
>                 if self.surface != "":
>                         self.surface += "\n"
>                 self.surface+=message_a_ecrire
> it does not run on the shell and tells (object TableauNoir has no attribute 'ecrire'

My crystal ball tells me that there's a lot more code going on here
than you've shared with us, and suggests that maybe you had a few
tries at this. If you instantiate an object from a "class TableauNoir"
and then redefine that class, the object is still of the old class,
even though the classes have the same name. You'd need to construct a
new object of the new class.

ChrisA