very weird pandas behavior

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 11:39:07 EST 2014

On 22/12/2014 15:55, ryguy7272 wrote:
> On Saturday, December 20, 2014 10:46:40 AM UTC-5, ryguy7272 wrote:
>> I downloaded pandas and put it in my python directory, then, at the C-prompt, I ran this:
>> "pip install pandas"
>>
>> It looks like everything downloaded and installed fine.  Great.
>>
>> Now, in Python Shell, I enter this:
>> import pandas as pd
>>
>> I get this error.
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "<pyshell#19>", line 1, in <module>
>>      import pandas as pd
>> ImportError: No module named pandas
>>

>> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
>

> Thanks Rustom.  That is insightful advice, indeed.  I will cherish your wisdom.
>

> To everyone else, I'm going back to VBA, VB, C#, Java, SQL, SSIS, R, & Matlab, simply because all of those work perfectly fine.  I have countless ways to do everything in the world.  For me, Python was just another way to do, what I already do now.
>
> I don't have time to screw around with all kind of nonsense that doesn't do anything, other than tell me 1+1=2.  That pretty much the only thing that works in Python.  To do anything more complex, seems impossible.  Rather than make the impossible become possible, I'd rather focus on things that help me do stuff (like process 100,000 man-hours of work in less than 1 hour).  Learning Python was both fun & frustrating.  If you need to waste time, work with Python.  If you need to do real work, use any on the following: VBA, VB, C#, Java, SQL, R, & Matlab.  I just uninstalled Python and deleted 15 Python books that I found online.  AHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh!  I feel great!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> That's all.

https://www.python.org/about/success/ "Python is part of the winning
formula for productivity, software quality, and maintainability at many
companies and institutions around the world. Here are 41 real-life
Python success stories, classified by application domain."

So it looks as if this is yet another case of a bad workman always
blames his tools, we seem to have had a lot of them this year.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence