very weird pandas behavior

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 03:16:02 EST 2014

Le lundi 22 décembre 2014 03:53:28 UTC+1, Rustom Mody a écrit :
> On Monday, December 22, 2014 7:55:50 AM UTC+5:30, ryguy7272 wrote:
>
> > Sorry, but that's what drives me nuts.  I install a few packages, and the messages that I get says the package is installed...then it says it's NOT installed...I don't know what to think...
>
> Its nice to bang the head against the wall (at times)
> The wall can feel so cool (at times)
>
> Its also nice to listen
>
> > On Saturday, December 20, 2014 10:46:40 AM UTC-5, ryguy7272 wrote:
> > > I downloaded pandas and put it in my python directory, then, at the C-prompt, I ran this:
> > > "pip install pandas"
> > >
> > > It looks like everything downloaded and installed fine.  Great.
> > >
> > > Now, in Python Shell, I enter this:
> > > import pandas as pd
> > >
> > > I get this error.
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >   File "<pyshell#19>", line 1, in <module>
> > >     import pandas as pd
> > > ImportError: No module named pandas
> > >

> > > Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
> >

> > I just ran these two commands in the c-prompt:
> > pip install --upgrade numpy
> > pip install --upgrade pandas
> >
> > It seemed like everything was being downloaded and installed.
>
> To whom did it 'seem'?
> Best I can see you've been suggested to paste the result of these
> commands and you insist on thrashing about and not paying attention.
>
> On a different note:
>
> > Part of the problem is, I don't know why in 2014 we're
> > entering commands in the C-prompt to run a Windows program.  I
> > thought all of that stuff was over in the very early 1990s.
> > Also, I can't understand why Python can't download this from
> > the Internet.
>
> is called culture-clash.
> Like going from one side of the Atlantic to the other and complaining
> "Why the &^)%% is everyone driving on the wrong side of the road?"
>
> We use the command line a bit out here.
> Perhaps less than bash-programmers
> More then VB programmers.
>
> You are free to
> 1. Get used to the different culture
> 2. Stay in familiar territory
> 3. Thrash about

Some time ago, for the third time, I attempted
to install ipython. I failed.
I did not even understand what the installation
html page is supposed to explain. Only generic
explainations.

Like the guy (in this thread) who gives the following
advice:

D:\>pip install numpy
'pip' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.

D:\>

It's not a surprised that finally users are preferring
VB.

I need less time to install mono/C# than to visit the
gazillion of (Python) web pages asking "how to install ...."