very weird pandas behavior

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 21:53:13 EST 2014

On Monday, December 22, 2014 7:55:50 AM UTC+5:30, ryguy7272 wrote:

> Sorry, but that's what drives me nuts.  I install a few packages, and the messages that I get says the package is installed...then it says it's NOT installed...I don't know what to think...

Its nice to bang the head against the wall (at times)
The wall can feel so cool (at times)

Its also nice to listen

> On Saturday, December 20, 2014 10:46:40 AM UTC-5, ryguy7272 wrote:
> > I downloaded pandas and put it in my python directory, then, at the C-prompt, I ran this:
> > "pip install pandas"
> >
> > It looks like everything downloaded and installed fine.  Great.
> >
> > Now, in Python Shell, I enter this:
> > import pandas as pd
> >
> > I get this error.
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<pyshell#19>", line 1, in <module>
> >     import pandas as pd
> > ImportError: No module named pandas
> >

> > Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
>

> I just ran these two commands in the c-prompt:
> pip install --upgrade numpy
> pip install --upgrade pandas
>
> It seemed like everything was being downloaded and installed.

To whom did it 'seem'?
Best I can see you've been suggested to paste the result of these
commands and you insist on thrashing about and not paying attention.

On a different note:

> Part of the problem is, I don't know why in 2014 we're
> entering commands in the C-prompt to run a Windows program.  I
> thought all of that stuff was over in the very early 1990s.
> Also, I can't understand why Python can't download this from
> the Internet.

is called culture-clash.
Like going from one side of the Atlantic to the other and complaining
"Why the &^)%% is everyone driving on the wrong side of the road?"

We use the command line a bit out here.
Perhaps less than bash-programmers
More then VB programmers.

You are free to