newbie: installing setuptools

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Fri Dec 19 04:56:06 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Surbhi Gupta" <surbhi.2388 at gmail.com>
> OK, the problem is now resolved: I just found out that we need to
> install from prompt instead of IDLE.
> Setuptools is installed, but I am not able to use easy_install from
> prompt. It says:
> easy_install : The term 'easy_install' is not recognized as the name
> of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
> program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,
> verify that the path is correct and try again.
> At line:1 char:1
> + easy_install
> + ~~~~~~~~~~~~
>     + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (easy_install:String)
>     [], CommandNotFoundException
>     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
>
> still unsuccessful in installing Scipy.

Assuming you are using windows, you must first install setuptools using the binary you'll find on the internet.

Then you must add some path(s) to your PATH environment variable, something to change in the window configuration menu.
Probably something in C:\Python2.7\scripts, I can't remember.

full doc:
https://docs.python.org/2/using/windows.html

JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.