[Python-Dev] Python 2.x and 3.x use survey, 2014 edition

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Dec 11 21:48:31 EST 2014

On 12/10/2014 5:04 PM, Bruno Cauet wrote:
> I hesitated a while before deciding not to include it! Apart from python
> core development what would be the reasons to work mostly on this version ?

where 'This version' == 3.5.  A possible reason: one is developing an
app expected to be released fall 2015 after the 3.5 release and the app
depends on something new in 3.5.  I must admit though that I cannot
think of any such thing now for 3.5.  For 3.3 there was the new unicode,
which was first committed about a year before release.  For 3.4, there
was asyncio, but it was not committed until beta1, and was hardly usable
then.

So it was a defensible position.  Anyone who would check 3.5 could just
as well check 3.4 and have most of the same impact on the summary.

--
Terry Jan Reedy