Python script isn't producing text in data file

Docfxit docfxit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 23:23:56 EST 2014

On Wednesday, December 10, 2014 7:55:17 PM UTC-8, Ben Finney wrote:
> Docfxit <docfxit at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am happy to paste it into a post.  The reason I didn't is because
> > it's very large.  The Python script is 1239 lines long.
>
> That's too long to direct us toward, no matter where you put it.
>
> Your task, then, is to construct a *much* smaller and simpler example
> that still demonstrates the behaviour you want explained.
>
> Once you have that, one of two things will be true:
>
> * It will be small and clear enough that we can discuss it here
>   usefully. Or
>
> * You will have understood the problem well enough to solve it yourself.
>
> Please, construct a Short, Self-Contained, Complete Example
> <URL:http://sscce.org/> of code that exhibits the behaviour.
>
> --
>  \              "When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir |
>   `\                                              cevinpl." --Anonymous |
> _o__)                                                                  |
> Ben Finney

Thank you all for the encouragement to make it smaller.
I don't know enough about Python to figure out how to isolate where the problem is happening.

Maybe it would be best If I could get some help in getting a debugger working so I can try to work through the script one line at a time.  I have started to install a debugger but I can't get it working.
I'm working in Win7 Pro.  I'm trying to get Winpdb working.
I have an error when I run the debugger.  It says winpdb is missing.

winpdb.py is located in:       -same version
C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages
C:\winpdb-winpdb

winpdb   is located in:
C:\winpdb-winpdb

Is winpdb supposed to be in c:\python27?

If it is, how is it supposed to get there?  (Some install?)

Thanks,

Docfxit