Python script isn't producing text in data file

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Dec 10 22:52:57 EST 2014

Docfxit <docfxit at gmail.com> writes:

> I am happy to paste it into a post.  The reason I didn't is because
> it's very large.  The Python script is 1239 lines long.

That's too long to direct us toward, no matter where you put it.

Your task, then, is to construct a *much* smaller and simpler example
that still demonstrates the behaviour you want explained.

Once you have that, one of two things will be true:

* It will be small and clear enough that we can discuss it here
  usefully. Or

* You will have understood the problem well enough to solve it yourself.

Please, construct a Short, Self-Contained, Complete Example
<URL:http://sscce.org/> of code that exhibits the behaviour.

--
 \              “When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir |
  `\                                              cevinpl.” —Anonymous |