serial data and web

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Tue Dec 9 08:37:44 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "manduk" <nasdul at NOSPAMxxx.it>

> > "A web page"?
> > Did you mean a Web server?
> not only upload in a folder of a webserver...I wish to see in real
> time
> the datas in a public html page.
> I get the data from serial port and then I put them in a remote page.
> Which is the best way to transfer datas from a text file for example
> and
> send it on web?

One simple solution :
Use flask http://flask.pocoo.org/

You'll be able to create a web app very quickly. Accessing a serial port from that app and update the html will be easy.
For this solution to work, the machine accessing the serial port and the machine serving the html pages is the same.

If you need your html pages to be served by another machine, you can implement the html POST/GET requests (see the flask doc).

JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.