Not Able to Log in on XNAT server through PyXNAT

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Fri Dec 5 02:41:26 EST 2014

suyash.d.b at gmail.com writes:

> Hello All,
>
> I have installed pyxnat on my mac. With pyxnat i am trying to access XNAT server in our university. As mentioned on the tutorial i tried both ways, neither is working. Following error is displayed:

> User: sdb99
> Password:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pyxnat/core/interfaces.py", line 228, in __init__
>     self._get_entry_point()
>   File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/pyxnat/core/interfaces.py", line 268, in _get_entry_point
>     raise e
> socket.error: [Errno 54] Connection reset by peer

"Connection reset by peer" means that the remote server unexpectedly
closed the connection. This may be a problem at the remote site or
an intermediate firewall or the remote site may be unhappy with the
request is hase been presented - and instead of an error response
simply closed the connection (bad behavior).

I would try to contact the administrators of your "XNAT" server
whether they can provide some help:

  *  did your request reached the server (or was it blocked
     on its way to the server)?

  *  if yes, why was the connection closed (without response).