Is Python installer/un-installer buggy on Windows?

Aseem Bansal asmbansal2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 22:16:14 EST 2014

I am using 32-bit Python on a 64-bit Windows.

Edit with IDLE is missing from the context menu. I am working on Windows 7. I have searched on google a lot and have tried everything said in superuser, stackoverflow etc. I have even tried re-installing Python. I am now only left with re-installing Windows itself which I don't think is a good idea.

Shouldn't the Python installer be able to fix this thing?

I have both Python 2.7 and 3.4 installed but I uninstalled both and tried installing one. No use.

Is there some problem with Python (un-)installer on Windows? I am asking because I have multiple IDLE in my Start menu one of which starts to install Python 3.3 in the default location (which I had earlier).