Typing help brings up a screen that says type help()

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 19:10:33 EDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Joel Goldstick
<joel.goldstick at gmail.com> wrote:
> That was enlighting Chris.  I apologize to list readers if they are
> getting two versions of everything I send.  I don't get two versions
> sent to me, so I assumed others wouldn't either.  I'm not sure why I
> assumed that, as it really doesn't make sense.  Maybe gmail filters
> one of them for me.  Anyway, I'll do reply all and delete the OP.

I think Mailman is set to not send duplicates if it notices a
destination in the headers, so anyone who receives the mailing list
won't get two copies. But people who read the corresponding newsgroup
will be getting one copy in news and another copy in email.

But hey. You didn't know that what you were doing could annoy people,
and as soon as you found out, you changed. That puts you better than,
sadly, a lot of people on this list...

ChrisA