Python conquors the BBC [was Re: IDLE has suddenly become FAWLTY - so should I be hitting it with a big stick, or what?]

Twirlip2 ahrodg at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 26 21:06:22 EDT 2014

On Wednesday, 27 August 2014 01:58:16 UTC+1, Twirlip2  wrote:

> It's a mess, but
> it does at least keep local dependencies in a configuration file. (I
> had no trouble getting it to run on two different PCs, under both XP
> and Win98SE - and, if I recall correctly, also Vista, but I never use
> that laptop.)

Correction: in my tiredness (it really is past my bedtime, and it's been
a long day), I was confusing the present Python-based system with my old
Windows batch file.  I only have the Python code going on my two XP
machines (and I think on the Vista laptop as well). I don't anticipate
any difficulty in converting the Python 3 code to Python 2, so that it
can run in under Win98SE (where I don't want to reinstall anything, in
case Windows doesn't play nice, and wrecks my dual-boot setup), but I
haven't actually got around to doing it yet. (Also it would probably be
better to wait until I've improved the Python 3 version; I can manage
without radio listening on the infrequent occasions when I still boot
into Win98SE.)