Python vs C++

Amirouche Boubekki amirouche.boubekki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 04:12:21 EDT 2014

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 4:52 AM, Amirouche Boubekki <
> amirouche.boubekki at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  - I am a big fan of Final Fantasy games, it seems to be an easy game
> experience to code
>
> Maybe not so easy, if the horrifying number of bugs in the early games of
> the series are any indication.

I started with FF VII, I don't remember any bugs.

> I'm not sure what makes this a C++ project in any case.

True.

> It would be just as easy or easier in Python, or one could save a lot more
> effort by just using RPG Maker like every other indie RPG developer seems
> to do.

I don't think there is FLOSS equivalent.

Anyway, I have other ideas:

- An "after effect" equivalent
- This might be the same thing as the above, a live processing of vidéos. I
tried using python bindings of gstreamer six months ago, I failed. Part of
the failure is that g-software suite doesn't care much about this usecase.
- port torus trooper to C++ (
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/tt_e.html)
- Contribute to cling, cern's C++ interpreter based on llvm
<http://root.cern.ch/drupal/content/cling>. I think PyPy people are
interested to use it too.