GO vs Python

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 22:57:17 EDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Rodrick Brown <rodrick.brown at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I spent a few weeks looking at Go and have to say you can see a lot of
> Python's influence in Go, however my question to this list for others who
> are doing real work with Go and Python have you encountered any scenarios
> in which Go outmatched Python in terms of elegance or performance?
>
> --RB

I use both, Python pays the bills, and I use it at work or on consulting
gigs.
for most things GO is faster, GO is compiled and that is a huge plus.

the Go community is not nearly as large as pythons, there are loads more
libraries and tools for python

my initial reason for even looking at GO, was because, I noticed that if I
wanted to move my largest clients app from Python 2.x to 3.x it was almost
a rewrite..... and then when I noticed the libraries for python 3.x were
limited, and some python 2.x libraries are not even making a 3.x version...

Well I got scared, Go started to look attractive, because your no longer
comparing GO to the entire python community, it is GO vs python 3...

thats just my 2 cents, I like python and it pays my bills... but I hate the
way python delt with the 2.x - 3.x, they dropped the ball.

--

Sam Fourman Jr.