Python vs C++

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Aug 23 16:51:09 EDT 2014

On 8/23/2014 10:21 AM, Rustom Mody wrote:

> Wordperfect was one of the best wysiwyg editors Ive used.
> One could use it in normal (1-screen) mode
> Or one could split the screen and see the formattings in the lower window
> along withe the formatted in the upper.

I wrote at least two books with Wordperfect. Seeing the formatting code
was essential to get the detail correct. Word, and even OO and LO are
downgrades in this respect. At least with LO, one can get or enable
saving as flat xml and edit at that level.

> Which is to say I believe weve not the heard the last of finding the
> best mix between WYSIWYG and coded-text+compile

I'd like to have side-by-side windows with LO.

--
Terry Jan Reedy