Python vs C++

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 10:21:11 EDT 2014

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 7:32:12 PM UTC+5:30, Ian wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 6:38 AM, Rustom Mody <rusto... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here is an example (not identical but analogous to) where markup+compile is
> > distinctly weaker than wysiwyg:
> > You can use lilypond to type music and the use a midi player to play it
> > But lilypond does not allow playing and seeing-in-realtime
> > WYSIWYG editors allow that -- can make a huge difference to beginners
> > who find music hard to read.

> I don't know how fast lilypond is, but perhaps one could write an
> editor that wraps lilypond and invokes it in realtime to show the
> output in an adjacent panel, perhaps with a brief delay when the
> user stops typing.

Yes.
Wordperfect was one of the best wysiwyg editors Ive used.
One could use it in normal (1-screen) mode
Or one could split the screen and see the formattings in the lower window
along withe the formatted in the upper.

Which is to say I believe weve not the heard the last of finding the
best mix between WYSIWYG and coded-text+compile

This the same as what you are saying because if one
writes the editor to wrap lilypond and show in another window
the next step is to allow editing in either windows and have the app
keep them in sync