Global indent

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Fri Aug 22 15:22:56 EDT 2014

On 22 August 2014 19:44:39 BST, "Neil D. Cerutti" <neilc at norwich.edu> wrote:

>This sort of simple task [indenting blocks of text] is why fancy text editors were invented.
>
>I use and recommend gvim (press > in select mode using the standard
>python plugin), but there are plenty of options out there.

Even without the Python add-on this should work. It shifts the text based on the 'shiftwidth' setting.

I vaguely remember using some other editors (one or more of Nedit, Gedit, Kate, Notepad++, Eclipse) that use, or can be configured to use, the tab key to indent selected text rather than replacing it with a tab character. Shift-tab probably out dented too.

Simon