Global indent

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 15:21:40 EDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Neil D. Cerutti <neilc at norwich.edu> wrote:
> On 8/22/2014 2:19 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:
>>
>> Is there a way to indent everything again?
>>
>> Say I have a while statement with several lines of code and I want to
>> add a while outside that.  That means indenting everything.  Is there
>> a global way to do that?
>

> This sort of simple task is why fancy text editors were invented.
>
> I use and recommend gvim (press > in select mode using the standard python
> plugin), but there are plenty of options out there.

Here's another way of saying it (for vi or vim or other vi clone):
1) Go to the top of the region you want to indent.
2) Type "ma" in command mode to set a mark named "a".
3) Go to the bottom of the region you want to indent.
4) Type >'a to indent, one level, everything between the mark named
"a" and the cursor

HTH