'is not' or '!='

Thomas Rachel nutznetz-0c1b6768-bfa9-48d5-a470-7603bd3aa915 at spamschutz.glglgl.de
Thu Aug 21 14:31:06 EDT 2014

Am 20.08.2014 13:17 schrieb Chris Angelico:

> That's true, but how easy is it to annotate a file with each line's
> author (or, at least, to figure out who wrote some particular line of
> code)? It's easy enough with 'git blame' or 'hg blame', and it
> wouldn't surprise me if bzr had a similar feature; but that's all the
> current generation of version control systems. I don't think cvs or
> svn offered that kind of feature.

$ LANG=C svn help blame
blame (praise, annotate, ann): Output the content of specified files or
URLs with revision and author information in-line.
usage: blame TARGET[@REV]...

$ cvs help
Unknown command: `help'

CVS commands are:
         add          Add a new file/directory to the repository
         admin        Administration front end for rcs
         annotate     Show last revision where each line was modified
[...]

IMHO annotate does the same what blame does on other VCS.

Thomas