Python vs C++

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Thu Aug 21 09:39:14 EDT 2014

On 08/21/14 15:54, David Palao wrote:
> But I'm interested in a "genuine"
> C++ project: some task where C++ is really THE language (and where
> python is actually a bad ab initio choice)

For my day job, I chose Qt on C++ for a classic desktop app that needs
to be deployed on Windows (among other platforms) with an installation
package that is as small as possible.

All I need to do deployment-wise is to create an NSIS script putting a
couple of DLL's and my executable in a folder in %ProgramFiles% and a
shortcutin start menu. The full package is 5 megs and the update archive
is pushing half a megabyte.

I was also back to C++ after a number of years of exclusive web dev with
Python and Javascript. C++11 is just *sweet*, I'd never imagined I'd
enjoy doing non-computer-sciencey work with C++.

good luck,
burak