Test failure while building cpython

Adam Bishop Adam.Bishop at ja.net
Wed Aug 20 20:24:53 EDT 2014

On 21 Aug 2014, at 01:08, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> This is a test of lib/distutils.sysconfig, a near but not exact copy of lib/sysconfig. I don't know why we have both, but this one will not affect you unless you use distutils to compile something.

I've been staring at this for a couple of hours now and I've somehow completely overlooked the fact that one is _sysconfig_ and the other is _distutils.sysconfig_. The problem makes more sense now.

> which is a repeat with the addition of -01

So the likely cause is that the distutils module has for some reason been built with different CFLAGS than cpython proper.

> Or you can ignore it.

It's a little tricky with mock, as failures during the test phase are fatal. There's probably a config option to suppress that though.

> I am guessing that CentOS does not guarantee that Red Hat source compiled on CentOS will run tests without failure.

It's possible... I've got a full RHEL license somewhere here, so I might see if I can reproduce it there.

Regards,

Adam Bishop

   gpg: 0x6609D460

Janet, the UK's research and education network.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238