'is not' or '!='

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Aug 20 00:59:13 EDT 2014

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 21:01:49 -0700, Rustom Mody wrote:

> I also (once!) had a student who started every single
> variable/function/filename with his name!!

I recall somebody on the Python tutor mailing list doing that. They did
so because their course instructor made it a requirement and failed
anyone who didn't.

No reason was given, according to the student, but I imagine that the
instructor was trying to teach them "best practice" *cough* for multi-
user projects, so you can identify who first created each function or
variable.

from guidosys import guidoversion; guidoprint(guidoversion)-ly yr's,

--
Steven