Why Python 4.0 won't be like Python 3.0

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Aug 19 10:51:12 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-19, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> I'm probably conflating the 1.5.2/2.0 and the 2.6 stuff.  I do
>> remember delaying moving from 1.5.2 -> 2.0 until I really had to, but
>> I don't remember why.
>
> If you were a RedHat user during that timeframe, that might have
> contributed to your decision to delay. I no longer remember the
> details, but it was rather painful.
>
> Skip
>
> P.S. Grant, why is your email listed as invalid at invalid.invalid? Seems
>      kind of unfriendly.

Many, many years ago it was an attept to reduce spam and to avoid
receiving copies of followups.  There used to be a fair number of
Usenet and mailing-list users who seemed to think that their followups
were so important that they would not only post it to the group (or
mail it to the mailing list), they would also send you a copy
directly.  I got tired of messing with procmail filters to try to
eliminate those, so I finally removed my e-mail address from the
headers.  If people want to e-mail me, my address is below.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Vote for ME -- I'm
                                  at               well-tapered, half-cocked,