newbee

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 02:42:32 EDT 2014

On Aug 13, 2014 9:34 PM, "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> Have you verified that Idle *does* (not just *should*) run on RPi? (That
would mean having tcl/tk running, with whatever *it* requires on linux.) I
am working on Idle and the idea of people (especially hobbyists, students,
and other amateurs) running it on microsystems would really please me.

I don't have a RPi, but I know it is just a glorified ARM computer with
terrible specs. But it is enough to run LXDE or other lightweight graphical
environments, which means tcl/tk is VERY likely to work. You could also
look up packages for Raspbian or other RPi-friendly distros and see
python-tk there, or various Python tutorials for the device:

http://davidbriddock.blogspot.com/2013/04/learn-python-installing-tkinter.html

--
Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <http://chriswarrick.com/>
Sent from my SGS3.