newbee

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Aug 13 15:31:37 EDT 2014

On 8/13/2014 7:55 AM, alister wrote:

> I am not in the same league as many of the posters here when it comes to
> Python but fortunately i do have two Raspberry Pi's :-)

Great! We really someone with hands-on experience.

> if you are running the Pi connected to a TV/Monitor with the Gui enabled
> then you should have access to Idle

Have you verified that Idle *does* (not just *should*) run on RPi?
(That would mean having tcl/tk running, with whatever *it* requires on
linux.) I am working on Idle and the idea of people (especially
hobbyists, students, and other amateurs) running it on microsystems
would really please me.

> If you have any more questions post them back &I hope I can help
> (Maybe I can become useful to this group as the R-Pi expert,

Answering questions, sometimes after experiment and research, is a great
way to learn.

--
Terry Jan Reedy