Python and IDEs [was Re: Python 3 is killing Python]

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 11:51:10 EDT 2014

On 13/08/2014 11:42, Wolfgang Keller wrote:

>>> That's what the "References:"-Header is there for.
>>
>> The References header is for the benefit of news and mail clients,
>> not human readers.
>
> Any half-decent news client will happily display a thread tree for you.
> Based on that References:-Header.
>
>> It is rude to deliberately refuse to give attributes:
>
>> So please stop being rude, and follow the convention of both email and
>> usenet (as well as broader society) to give attribution to those you
>> quote.
>
> I've been using mail and news for over 20 years now, you definitely
> don't need to teach me anything.

Very funny.  It strikes me that your knowledge of using mail and news is
akin to that of our resident unicode expert's knowledge of the FSR.

> End of subthread.

The subthread ends when people want it to end, not when you state that
it has ended.  It will not end until you stop being so downright rude in
refusing to give attribution to those you quote.

> Good Bye,

Good riddance.

Ditto Steven D'Aprano's *plonk*

> Wolfgang