how to write file into my android phone?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Aug 12 10:18:11 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-11, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:

> What MTP allows is parallel access between the MTP protocol server in
> the phone and the rest of the phone (OS and apps).  In order to mount
> a partition as a USB mass storage device, it has to first be unmounted
> by the Android system.  That's OK for an SD card that doesn't contain
> anything important required by the Android system, but it means that
> you can't mount the "system" partition without shutting down the phone
> completely.

Another important reason for not presenting the phone's built-in flash
as a USB mass storage device is that it requires you to use a
brain-dead broken-as-designed Microsoft filesystem left over from the
days of 360K floppy disk drives -- otherwise Windows won't know what
to do with it.

It's _possible_ to build an Android phone tht runs an DOS file system
(and IIRC people have done it) but it introduces all sorts of
security, reliability, and performance problems.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I wonder if I ought
                                  at               to tell them about my