Idle crashes when using accentuated letters in Mac OS X

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Sun Aug 10 17:06:39 EDT 2014

Am 10.08.14 15:03, schrieb Anamaria Martins Moreira
> I am facing a problem with using accentuated characters in idle (2.7.6
> or 2.7.8). When I type the accent, idle crashes. If I call python from a
> terminal, there is no such problem.

Try updating your Tcl/Tk to the latest version, e.g. via ActiveTcl. I
remember such a bug in the OSX version, which was fixed a long time ago.
There is a number of bugs in the OSX Tk, a lot of them was recently
fixed, so stay tuned and maybe update when 8.6.2 becomes available.

	Christian