Idle crashes when using accentuated letters in Mac OS X

Anamaria Martins Moreira anamaria at dcc.ufrj.br
Sun Aug 10 09:03:42 EDT 2014

Hi!

I am facing a problem with using accentuated characters in idle (2.7.6 or
2.7.8). When I type the accent, idle crashes. If I call python from a
terminal, there is no such problem.

I looked around and saw that there are a number of issues with
utf-8-python-mac, but I could not find the solution. The one indicated on
the Python doc

"You need to create a file ~ /.MacOSX/environment.plist. See Apple’s
Technical Document QA1067 for details."

seems not to be recommended  by Apple anymore.

Does any mac users have an idea for me, please?

Thanks,
Anamaria