Template language for random string generation

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Fri Aug 8 07:20:36 EDT 2014

On 8/8/14 5:42 AM, Paul Wolf wrote:
> On Friday, 8 August 2014 10:22:33 UTC+1, Chris Angelico  wrote:
>> But I eyeballed your code, and I'm seeing a lot of
>> u'string' prefixes, which aren't supported on 3.0-3.2 (they were
>> reinstated in 3.3 as per PEP 414), so a more likely version set would
>>
>> be 2.6+, 3.3+. What's the actual version support?
>> ChrisA
>
> I'm going to have to assume you are right that I only tested on 3.3, skipping > 2.7 and < 3.3. I'll create an issue for that.

Don't bother trying to support <=3.2.  It will be far more difficult
than it is worth in terms of adoption of the library.

Also, you don't need to write a "proposal" for your library. You've
written the library, and it's on PyPI.  You aren't trying to add it to
the stdlib, so there's no agreement you need to get from anyone else.
It can simply succeed on its merits with people using it.