cmd.exe on WIndows - problem with displaying some Unicode characters

Wiktor look at signature.invalid
Tue Aug 5 05:39:15 EDT 2014

On Tue, 05 Aug 2014 04:51:15 +0400, Akira Li wrote:

> Unicode has line drawing characters [1]. win_unicode_console [2] allows
> to print Unicode in cmd.exe. win_unicode_console and colorama will
> probably conflict. You could look at the source to see how hard to
> combine both functionalities.
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box-drawing_character
> [2] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/win_unicode_console
>
> btw, blessings [3] provides an easy-to-use interface if you need to add
> colors and move text in a terminal. It claims that it also supports
> colors on Windows if used with colorama.
>
> [3] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/blessings/

  [2] - indeed does not work with colorconsole/colorama. And I'm not that
smart to combine those two functionalities. :-)
  [3] - maybe it works with colorama (colorama for coloring, and blessing
for positioning text), but now I don't even use colorama. I use
colorconsole to color AND position text, and I find it very handy. Don't
think that blessing+colorama would be more easy-to-use.

  Thanks, I really appreciate every proposition to fix original problem you
all are giving me - I check them all.
  But you need to understand, that I'm already OK with those cmd.exe
limitations, and really not trying to achieve look of frame from first
post. I'm OK with those single-only and double-only lines.

  Now my game would look like this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10544563/kolony_prntscr.png [*]
and I think it's very neat.

Wiktor

*) it's mocup (I don't have 'window manager' yet, so I have to show/
activate/deactivate/etc. every window by hand), but still

--
Best regards,     Wiktor Matuszewski
'py{}@wu{}em.pl'.format('wkm', 'ka')