cmd.exe on WIndows - problem with displaying some Unicode characters

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Mon Aug 4 14:04:05 EDT 2014

On 8/4/2014 3:33 AM, Andrew Berg wrote:
> If you want to save your users the hassle, I would definitely
> recommend a graphical environment. If I had realized that you intended your
> application to be widely deployed, I would have simply recommended that from
> the start.

Graphical environments are good for some things, command line
environments are good for other things.

Unicode capability is beneficial in both.

Many of the software tools I create and distribute are command line
utilities, for people that use command lines anyway.  The problems arise
when they are multilingual, and need to use diverse character repertoires.