Python and IDEs [was Re: Python 3 is killing Python]

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Aug 2 20:20:13 EDT 2014

Roy Smith wrote:
> These days, I'm running multiple 24 inch monitors.  The single menu bar
> paradigm starts to break down in an environment like that.

Yes, that's an issue. However, even on a large screen, most of
my windows are at least half a screen high, putting their tops
a considerable distance from where I'm working. And the targeting
effect means that a target at the top of the screen is still
easier to hit than one half way up.

Multiple screens are a problem. Probably what should happen is
for the menu bar to move to the screen holding the currently
active window, instead of being tied to one "primary" screen.

--
Greg