Moving to an OOP model from an classically imperitive one

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Wed Apr 23 22:01:34 EDT 2014

tim.thelion at gmail.com Wrote in message:

I don't really understand your problem or your examples,  but
 others apparently do. So I'll just make a few comments.

> There is one problem though.  Currently, I have these functions logically organized into source files, each between 40 and 170 LOC.  I fear that if I were to put all of these functions into one class, than I would have a single, very large source file.  I don't like working with large source files for practicall reasons.

Definitely limit your source file size. 10k lines is probably a
 good limit.

>  If I am to define the class SubuserProgram in the file SubuserProgram.py,

That's a big mistake right there.  Never let the module name match
 the class name.  If you really only happen to have a single class
 in the file, then just use lower case for the filename.

--
DaveA